How to work with ETYN's NSLookup tool
What is NSLookup?
ETYN's NSLookup is a free web-based online tool that is used to query Domain Name Systems (DNS) for obtaining information about a hostname. There are many DNS record types but some of them are used more than the others:
- ANY: Returns all the available DNS information of the hostname.
- A: This is the default selection and is used to map hostname to IPv4 address.
- AAAA: is used to map hostname to IPv6 address.
- MX: Returns a list of mail transfer agents. (requires domain name to be entered and not a host name)
- NS: Returns list of name servers for the domain name (requires domain name to be entered and not a host name)
- SOA: Returns authoritative information about a domain name including the primary name server, the email of the domain administrator, the domain serial number, etc.
For a list of all available DNS records and their explanations click here.
How does ETYN's NSLookup work?
To use NSLookup tool:
- Enter the hostname in the input box and select the DNS query type according to above:
- Click on the button
- Wait until we query DNS servers and obtain the information requested
- Click on "Click to view results"
- A new modal window showing the results will pop up: